Monday, October 29, 2007

Ameralife

Wow, everyone has had quite a lot going on. I have been in Sacramento now for almost 2 weeks and it feels like a lifetime! the days are pretty long but we have enough free time to so whatever we need in the evenings. Most of us will be sent to the Gulf Coast to work with the hurricane relief for a few months at some point. i will be finding out my first project location this weekend. Everyone here is very open and friendly, seeing as how we are all in the same boat. I've met some great people and i love my team so i think it will b a good year. I would love to see some of the californians here for thanksgiving but with no car i'm having a hard time finding a way down. If any of you know anyone in the sacramento area who is coming to your area and wants to hang out with me... i'll be really nice to them. i can help with gas money. Also, if anyone wanted to send me letters or care packages it would make me the happiest girl in the world, and make my team think i was cool.
Here is my adress:
Katelyn Hibbard
Blue 6
Americorps*NCCC
3427 Laurel Street
McClellan, CA 95652-1014

Take care, i hope to see some of you very soon! i hope to see the rest of you too, but later.

6 comments:

Rachele said...

Hi Katie!

Good to hear things are going well.

I'd love to help out and send you some things. What kinds of items in a care package would be helpful to you and others!?

;)

Frank said...

Katelyn, if you are assigned to NO, how long will it be before you are actually there? If we were to send you something (I'm thinking broccoli or rhudabaga) should it be sent to the California address listed or should we wait until you've settled into your new assignment and have posted a new address? Hope you find family for Thanksgiving.

the hibs said...

RUTABAGA? ok. now i know what frank is getting for christmas....
i think a fruit cake is more in order here...

Katelyn said...

i will accept anything in a care package, even rhudabaga! absolutely anything would make my day! If i am sent to NO it would take about 5 days for us to drive the vans there. yep, all driving we dont fly anywhere. Also if anyone does feel inclined to send me anything (please do) the CA address is fine it will be forwarded from there i believe. if i hear any differently i will say so immediately. :)

meg y. said...

Welcome to Cali Kate! I will pass on your ride request to the Sipes and my boys - they have some friends in Sacramento, so maybe you can hitch a ride.
love,
meg

jules said...

hey K! I didn't know you were going to be here so soon! I have my very best friend in the whole world living in Sacramento and I know she would love to meet you. Unfortunately I don't know anyone driving down this way for Thanksgiving! You are more than welcome to come and I will ask my friend if she knows anyone coming this way!