Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Book Blog

Book Klub meetings will be harder to make now, but we could try book blogging - the same way other nation-wide book discussion groups operate. I'm not sure about all the rules, but we will need to pick a book, leave a time period for everyone to read it, then anyone could start the ball rolling by entering their comments and questions, then the next person could join in whenever ready. What do you think?
I finished reading "Mountains Beyond Mountains" by Tracy Kidder, and recommend it to everyone. It's an inspirational story of Paul Farmer, who devotes his life to treating the poor in Haiti (they're "Hats"), and elsewhere in the world. It makes you realize what a difference one (really dedicated) person can make. His organization, Partners in Health, has a website where you can learn more about its work. http://www.pih.org/home.html

1 comment:

Frank said...

I was going to suggest this very thing so I'm glad you made the post, Will. I think this could work well, albeit differently from our previous meetings (no food :( no commeraderie). It would be different if not difficult to duplicate the same degree and type of discussions we had previously but I'm sure a solution will be found.

Your reading selection sounds like a "heart-warming story". Chris, take special note here, you may love it!