Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Hooray!

Hey everybody! I just want to announce that Ian proposed to me last week and we are engaged!! I don't know when the wedding will be yet but we are very excited!

9 comments:

Frank said...

Congrats Julie & Ian! This calls for an award or trophy, know anybody? Rita, you may now exhale.

Kathy said...

Yippee...you have our best wishes, Julie and Ian. I can't believe I have never met Ian...have I? We will look forward to more details.

Brandon said...

Congrats, Jules! ( or 'Best wishes'? Whichever one is supposed to go to you.) Way to take one for the team. I'm with my mom, though--who is this guy? Maybe you could post a photo of you both?

the hibs said...

here's wishing you a a tub 'o lub,
a pond of fond, a lake of cake and and an ocean of potion - love, that is. be nice to each other.

Wilcox McGee said...

Who's this Ian guy everyone is talking about?

Will said...

Great News Julie Bugs! We're very happy for you both. Please let us know when you set a date. (How will your schoolchildren adjust to your new last name?)

Frank said...

There is no last name, it's just Ian. There are no photos available. And Jules will still be Miss Julie in her classroom.

jules said...

There is no last name. We are combining first names instead. I will become Julian and he will be Ianlie. We're very modern. Our friends were saying we should be the Wipes (Sipes and Wallace) but that is just toooooo common!

Reets said...

For the moment, I am connected to all of you in cyberspace. We are very excited for Julie and Ian!! They are starting to make plans and as soon as Ian finishes this week of school I know there will be more posted, as they know it. I don't know what to tell you about pictures etc being posted. Maybe they don't have one they want to share?? We will forward some good ones we have so Ian can put it on the blog.
We joined Julie and Ian camping for 2 days in the Sierras. It was a beautiful place to celebrate their engagement! Katie came too, as well as Julies best friend Moriah and James. Had a great time and did not encounter any bears.
Fred and I are spending the rest of the summer painting and doing some remodeling in our house. John helped Fred replace the interior downstairs doors. We borrowed from John's wonderful supply of knowledge and tools and also replaced all the baseboard and door-trim. Julie helped me paint all of the rooms and hallways. Now we have all of the furniture back in place (Yeah!!) and will start to put the finishing coat on the doors. I'm hoping to be done by 8/19 when I go back to work(?). What is everyone else doing??