Hey Yall!
In case anyone was wondering:
Life in the sunshine state is delightful! The last two days have been pouring rain on and off but since that is the first time i have seen rain here, i like it. So peaceful and cool.
I have been busy with work and fieldtrips. i managed to get to Key West twice for long weekends which was awesome! We went to the pirate museum and of course the beach. They love pirates there, it's some peoples whole life, they dress up like pirates go to bars to start trouble and stage swordfights. I hung out with my Aunt who lives there, got to be part of the locals scene. I met some pirates and played Bocce instead of being drunk and shopping all day like most of the tourists. Oh but i did go shopping, and bought myself a piece of eight, some legit booty from the Atocha Shipwreck! its the most historical piece of jewelry i own. i like imagining what it went through for the last 400 years
As far as work, the programs have been going really well, and i got to go snorkeling a couple times on the reef. beautiful! this month is fairly busy and then the season closes so next month will be less hectic.
By some rediculous series of events i've managed to run into half a dozen or so people in this little florida town of homestead. They are all of the same group of friends and showed up indipendantly from each other from totally different places! Amazing! The universe works.
Also i accepted a job as a Seasonal Ranger at Redwoods National Forest! They want me to start May 11 but my SCA isnt suppost to be up until the 18th. I have been working extra hours, my gov boating class gave me a lot of hours, but im going to keep that up and try to leave the first week of May with my hours complete. Im really excited about it, FL has been great but im hurting for some elevation and giant trees. If any of you are in the area, come over and see me in a silly hat!
Californians, i'd like to stop in on some of you on my drive up to Crescent City. I'll call when the time is closer
Love love!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
and so, the dream continues.....
love u
It sounds like a great life, Katie. Can I take your place when you leave? I'm coming into Jacksonville on 04/14 but that's far from where you are. What's a gov boat?
how long will you be there? Let me know if you will be in the miami area at all! government boat, i took a the "Department of the Interiors Motor Opporations Certification Course", or MOCC, so that i can drive government boats.
I love that you will back on the west coast Katelyn! With Joanne and Cory escaping back to MI our West Coast family numbers were reduced :(
Congratulations on the job!
meg
I don't know what kind of weirdos you're meeting down South, but someone should point out that we don't have an Aunt in Florida, and certainly not in Key West. Is this some sort of euphemism for "really cool band" or "dealer"?
I have an aunt in Florida. Kind of unsettling to hear that you do not, little brother.
um....brandon, what aunt?
ah hahaha man i love you guys
Post a Comment