Merry Christmas family! Bill, congrats! that is wonderful, we have more reasons to party!
I hope you are all having a beautiful day this holiday i am currently in GA for x mas and new years and will be returning to south Florida shortly. My job at Biscayne National Park is great! i work with the environmental education/ interpretation dep. i take kids on camping trips to the islands, day camps at the park, look at manatees and octopuses (yup, not octopi, it doesn't have a Latin origin, this was an issue.), go on boat and canoe trips, its pretty awesome. I also started volunteering on the weekends at a local animal refuge where i got to play with baby tigers, feed josh the bear and go into the wolf den and play like giant dogs.
The weather is perfect, the people are very pleasant, im learning a lot about coastal and marine life, the housing is great, miami is 40 min. away and there are lots of interesting things to do around town.
All is well in my world, i hope it is in yours
lots of love, and cookies
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
nice to see another contributor! i love the 'octopuses' comment, given we are a bunch of grammar snobs....
and i was in the latin club in high school for 2 years! we did palys in latin, sang in latin, even had a toga party where the band (a bunch of guys from our class) played onstage in togas!
merry christmas everyone and
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!
christine
Hi everyone! and Happy New year! We had the family together for Christmas (except for Nicole who was with her family in San Jose). Meg and John and sons joined us Christmas Eve for drinks and noshing and camaraderie. Matt has to return to Portland tomorrow so he and Fred, Bill, and Ian went golfing together this morning (18 holes). It was sunny, but windy and a bit chilly! They seemed to all enjoy the company though.
Katelyn, you are having some great life adventures that sound right up your alley! Enjoy it all!
Heads up for a "Girls Weekend" in February in San Diego??? The weekend of 2/6-2/9 is President's Day weekend. We are researching a place to stay - Theresa said she would help. We will keep you informed. Let us know by email, blog or carrier pigeon if you already know that you will, or will not, be able to attend.xo Rita
good to see you on the blog rita!
Thanks, now that I am retired I guess I have no excuse not to keep up with things. The "Girls Weekend" date might be the following weekend (2/13, 14, 15, 16) as more people have that weekend off. I have not yet heard from anyone if they are interested, or not.
Happy New Year to all!
Hey Katie, regarding your "octopi" comment, I seem to recall that there are little signs on the doors sometimes that are near the backs of planes that say "octopi" on them, behind which I assume that fresh sea-food is being flown into said destination. Whereas "octopuses", well wasn't that a James Bond movie? Just wondering ....
Alright, it's been a month since I left a comment on this post, and it was some funny shit, some of my best humor and none of have any retorts, repartee or repostes??? Unbelievable! This is a family of mopes!
"MOPES" - the plural of 'mope'.
i guess it was too far to scroll down, frank......
Post a Comment